St. Michael Church in Synkovichi
Located near Zelva, Grodno Region, this monument of defense architecture was built at the time of Queen Bona between 1518 and 1556. The chronicles say in the 14th century the fortress provided refuge for Count Vytautas (Vitovt), who became later Grand Duke of Lithuania.
The three-nave four-pillar structure of the cathedral features district characteristics of the Gothic style.
There were four towers with round circular embrasures and a vault at the basement. The walls of the towers were 1.5-meter thick. The present-day cathedral is missing the central dome.
Expert draw very clear distinctive lines between St. Michael Church in Synkovichi and the Castle of Mir, which is already put on the UNESCO World Heritage List.